How can I get a free skate pass?
The Public Free Skate will take place on Sunday, Jan. 12 at TCF Bank Stadium. A limited number of passes are being distributed exclusively at the TCF Bank locations listed below while passes last. Passes will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis and each household is limited to four (4) passes. *Update: passes are still available as of 1-6-13.
o TCF Bank inside Blaine Cub®: 585 Northtown Drive, Blaine
o TCF Bank inside Southdale Cub®: 6775 York Ave. S., Edina
o TCF Bank inside Midway Cub®: 1440 University Ave. W., St. Paul
o TCF Bank Wayzata: 1101 Wayzata Blvd. E., Wayzata
o TCF Bank IDS Center: 80 S. 8th Street, Minneapolis
What time should I arrive?
• It’s recommended that you arrive 45 minutes before the start time indicated on your skate pass to allow time for parking, skate rental, and to get situated at the stadium to assure you have the full time on the ice.
• You will have 45 minutes to skate beginning promptly at the time listed on your pass.
I would like to watch my family skate, but will not skate myself. Do I need a pass?
No. You may accompany guests with passes and watch from the field. Please note that there will not be seating near the rink.
Can I rent skates?
• Skate rentals will be $10/person but people are also encouraged to bring their own skates if they have them.
• Complimentary bag check will be available.
Where should I park and enter?
• Parking for the event is available at the Victory lot at TCF Bank Stadium for $4 per car, or at the Maroon lot for $10.
• Entrance for the event will be at the Lincoln County entrance, located on the east side of the stadium.
What is the Hockey City Classic?
• The University of Minnesota will host its first outdoor hockey game in over 80 years. The 2014 Hockey City Classic will be held on Friday, Jan. 17 at TCF Bank Stadium. The outdoor college hockey doubleheader will showcase the Golden Gopher women’s team vs. Minnesota State at 4:30 p.m. and men’s team vs. Ohio State at 8 p.m.
• Tickets can be purchased at mygophersports.com.